In my previous post I already made some remarks on the circumstances that overshadowed my participation in ECER 2017 and on my plans to report on the experience on the VETNET sessions. Yet, I think it is better that I provide a thematic overview - or a working agenda - for my forthcoming blogs. With each of the themes to be covered I have also different role positions and interests of knowledge that need to be taken into account.
For the moment I see the need to report on the following themes:
- My own presentation on "Begleitforschung" (Accompanying research) in the context of the Learning Layers project and in the follow-up of its construction pilot;
- Issues on European/national qualification frameworks and in studies on credit transfer - in current projects and in the VETNET sessions of the past;
- Issues on vocational teacher education and on the role of practice-based learning (= practicum) phases - in current contexts and as topics of our previous European projects;
- Discussions on 'multi-methodological practices' and perspective transformations in research on vocational education and training (VET) - in the light of current studies and earlier (implicit) agreements on European VET research (within the VETNET community);
- Updates on recent news and developments in the VETNET community.
I guess these are the key themes that I need to cover - and at the same time revisit my own experience as a presenter, session chair or active participant in the discussion.
More blogs to come ...