On Monday 20 June I am helping to run a knowledge exchange workshop in Bristol, UK. The workshop is fee to participants and there are still a few spaces left. Details are below - register at EventBrite if you would like to participate.
More than 70 per cent of all we learn comes from informal learning in the workplace. Yet despite increasing recognition of the importance of workplace learning in a time of fast changing technologies, work organisation and labour markets, little effort has been made to promote and support informal learning.
Perhaps one of the reason for this is it has previously proven hard to track learning in workplace contexts, let alone to promote the collaboration, creativity and teamwork so much modern work requires.
This workshop is based on work undertaken in the Learning Layers project and is intended to discuss these issues. Conceptualised as a knowledge exchange event, it is organised around short pitches and a hands on exhibition.
The workshop takes place on June 20th from 10am to 5pm at Armada House in Bristol. University of West England Vice Deputy Chancellor Prof. Jane Harrington will open the event.
We want to show you the work we have done and discuss with you whether the tools and applications we have developed might be useful in your work and learning context. We also want to hear from you about your needs and to exchange any ideas and tools you might have for supporting informal learning.
We are piloting our tools in different settings such as Healthcare, Construction sector, Creative Industries and Higher Education:
- Confer - an application for teams to explore ideas and reach decisions
- Learning Toolbox - a flexible mobile based, context aware application for supporting learning in practice
- Bits and Pieces - a web based program for collecting and making sense out of informal learning experiences at work
- Ach So! And ZoP - mobile based peer to peer video annotation tools
- Living Documents - a shared document creation environment
Entry is free but places are limited so please register by following the link below if you wish to attend. Coffee and a buffet lunch will be provided, with an informal reception and drinks following the workshop.
Please get in touch if you would like to present something at either the pitch or exhibition sessions. Send us an email to bristol [dot] layers2016 [at] gmail [dot] com.
- Monday, 20 June 2016 from 10:00 to 19:00 (BST)
- BS1 4BQ - Armada House Telephone Ave, Bristol, Avon , Bristol, BS1 4BQ, United Kingdom -