I'm always interested in new ways of participating, sharing and developing knowledge.
So I was happy to hear that Unesco and Agentur J&K – Jöran und Konsorten are holding an OER Camp - a 48 hour Festival for Open Education Resources on 9-11 December. The unconference will take place on Zoom.
Sessions are welcome on all aspects of OER and Open Education. Unesco say they especially encourage topics which support the implementation of the UNESCO OER Recommendation regarding the five Areas of Action outlined in the Recommendation:
- Building the capacity of stakeholders to create, access, re-use, adapt and redistribute OER;
- Developing supportive policy for OER;
- Encouraging inclusive and equitable quality OER;
- Nurturing the creation of sustainability models for OER; and
- Promoting and reinforcing international cooperation in OER.
Unesco goes on to say OER camps open up new and contemporary formats for learning based on openness, sharing, personal meaning, participation and equality. They are the appropriate format of education for a time in which we depend on not only transferring fixed knowledge but also co-creating new knowledge.OER camps are about sharing, discussing, negotiating solutions for a world in perpetual change.
More information from the unconference web site.